What are contraindications to massage?
Any health concerns which may worsen with massage therapy.
When you have any of these conditions, the therapist should not provide massagetherapy:
* Contagious or infectious diseases
* Under the influence of drugs or alcohol
* Recent operations
* Skin diseases
The therapist can massage but not over any areas affected by:
* Varicose veins
* Undiagnosed lumps or bumps
* Undiagnosed pain
If you suffer from any of the following conditions, massage can only take place once it has been approved by a Physician.
* Cardio-vascular conditions (thrombosis, phlebitis, hypertension, heart conditions)
* Any condition already being treated by a medical practitioner
* Psoriasis or eczema
* High blood pressure
* Nervous or psychotic conditions
* Heart problems, angina, those with pacemakers
* Bell’s palsy, trapped or pinched nerves
* Gynecological infections
Contraindications to Hot Stone Massage
Hot stone massage is not suitable for everyone. Please review the list of contraindications below. If any of these conditions apply to you, then you should not receive hot stone massage.
*Blood clots / prone to blood clots
*Cancer, chemotherapy or radiations treatments
*Depressed immune system
(lupus, HIV/AIDS, cancer, Epstein Barr, mononucleosis, etc.)
*High Blood Pressure
*Inflamed Skin Conditions
*Open wounds or sores
*Peripheral vascular disorder
*Taking medications that have side effects to heat
(Please check with your pharmacist if you are not certain.)